The NUAS IT Group wants to act as a coordinating group to bring together all the IT Directors and other senior IT leaders of all Nordic universities and universities of applied science, to disseminate information and best practices, and to help in forming cooperation agreements, common purchasing agreements and common projects. There is no other Nordic level organization or cooperation body for higher education IT, so there is a very clear need for this role. Almost all the Nordic countries have a national level higher education IT Directors’ Forum or association and the NUAS IT Group wants to act as a force bringing these national level forums together.
- The organization of common Nordic level seminars and workshops such as the “Nordic CIO Forum”
- Partnership negotiations with Microsoft and other major IT providers
- Common, Nordic level purchasing agreements
- Coordination of IT hot topics such as digitalization, IT security, enterprise architecture work, etc.
Activity goals for 2023 – 24
- Q2-23 Security
- Q3-23 Benchmark of IT fx BencHEIT
- Q4-23 Digivison 2030
- Q1-24 IT research support
- Q2-24 National efforts on Digital Learning & ecosystems
- Q3-24 AI in Higher Ed in the Nordics, what do we do